30 October 2011

Elfen Lied

Sorry this review isn't very good... I really didn't get my own thoughts.... And I've been busy.... So apologies!
This series is hard.... Not that I didn't like it.... But to explain why I like is difficult.....
After watching episode one I almost stopped watching it completely! It's full of blood and nudity!!
The opening scene consists of a lady, who is chained up with nothing but a helmet on her head! After escaping her chains, she starts pulling the guards apart - limb from limb - with her telekinetic powers! Through out the lab guards try to stop her, but she just pulls of their heads, arms and legs.... And those sound effects! The crunching bones the squelching blood.... they made my skin-crawl! Then she, Lucy, got shot and fell in to the ocean and gets washed up at a beach with Kouta and his cousin, Mayu. It's so ecchi!!
But after the shocking first episode, it becomes highly entertaining! Nyuu starts living with Kouta and Mayu, then they pick up the little runaway girl, and they are all living happily! It's so cute! Nyuu is so adorable, a bit freaky at times... but adorable! But her character has much more depth, her split personality Lucy and her connection to Kouta has yet to be thoroughly explained, and I'm looking forward to it!!

If there's one thing Elfen Leid needs congratulating on, it would be mysteries! It's a story that gets ever more twisted, ever darker and I kept making incorrect predictions about it!! It's scary at times. Sad at times. Cute at times. But always confusing! I look forward to the conclusion - which shouldn't be too far away because there's only 12 episodes!!
So, I love this! The eerie Latin singing is hypnotic. The split personalities are very interesting. The inn they all live in is absolutely darling. And the way everything just fits together is PERFECT, it must have took a lot of planning and drafting! This anime is very different to anything I've seen before, but I'm not sure why. May be it's just because I've never seen an anime with gore in it, or may be it's the entertaining contrast in the scenes. But, what ever it was, it rocked! I reccommend this to any one who can stomache the first episode!!




Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment