22 April 2012

Blueberry and Milk Pocky

I had a lucky trip to China town recently, I didn't have much money but I could buy a few small treats. So I thought I'd share!
Today I have for you, the most epic Japanese snack ever. Pocky. Unfortunately small, but highly addictive. Sweet slim sticks dipped in icing flavour, with a bit left at the end to hold. Small, light and attractive, Pocky is unbelievably popular. The blueberry and milk is a mix of creamy milk powder and bits of blueberry. It costs £1.99 in Chinatown, which is the general price for the unusual flavours of pocky. But not all pocky is worth that much.

It comes in a typical rectangle pocky box. Nothing fancy. Although I do love the bold shade of blue and the picture of plump juicy blueberries in the background. Which is fortunate, because I can't read the background. I wouldn't have believed it was blueberry flavour otherwise because the pocky it portrayed curiously pink! I fairly bright pink actually, unlike the actual pocky. Once out of the box the pocky is less pink and more purple. A dull blotchy purple, with white bits and purple lumps. It almost resembled purple mould! But the promise of blueberries in those lumps kept it looking appetising!
Then, upon eating the first pocky, those blueberry lumps really shine through! They are absolutely lush! So strong and juicy! Better than any blueberry muffin! But where's the milk? The bits in-between the lumps are so dry and bland. It's basically just the biscuit, which is quite disappointing really. I might as well jsut be eating bread sticks with blueberries! And it shouldn't be dry, because the strawberry and milk pocky are basically the same just with strawberries and they're perfection! With that dryness the blueberry pocky cannot compete with any other flavour! But, I am eternally in love with pocky!!




Pie:

1 comment: