10 February 2013

Japanese food collection

So one of my Christmas presents was a big box full of genuine Japanese food! There was a brilliant assortment! Alas, I could not deem it possible to write a worthy review on just a snack so I've decided to combine them altogether in one super awesome food post!! So I present you with a whole box of food!


Okonomiyaki Potato chips
Or crisps as us Brits like to call them. Okonomiyaki is Japanese pizza, which is pretty vague for a flavoring as there is a wide range toppings that can be used. The bag was a lot bigger than standard packet of crisps, more like a bag of Doritos and the packaging was a lot thicker too (I did struggle to get in until I realized you're supposed to tear the bag!). But inside, the crisps look normal enough. But what you really want know about is the taste, right? Well, judging by the taste, I'd say these are octopus pizza crisps. But the octopus leaves almost before it's really entered so instead it taste like steak and onion crisps. I prefer steak and onion to octopus any day, but since these crisps are supposed to be special, it's a shame they don't actually taste of anything special. Especially as the steak and onion flavor leaves quickly too and leave a fairly bland crisp. Nevertheless, I did nom through the whole packet quick enough! The flavor that's there is nice, it's just not lasting.


Giant Caplico
I think this was probably my favorite of the lot! Although I must admit, it's not what I would call giant! It's a normal sized ice cream cone, but that's not important. It was wrapped up a lot like an ice cream and although it was really thick paper they had it designed for easy access. Unfortunately mine got a bit beat up in the box so it was lacking the beauty that all the google images holds but I suppose there's no helping that! So I took it out and it essentially looked like an ice cream (obviously) so I treated it as such. With ice creams I always bite the bottom off first (because I don't like having and empty come) and when I did I was super happy to see that the 'ice cream' actually reached the bottom of the cone!! Now, onto said 'ice cream' which isn't ice cream at all, IT'S CHOCOLATE!!! That's right, it's and ice cream cone filled with strawberry and milk chocolate and it was really soft bubbly ice cream! Maybe too bubbly actually, as it has in fact bubbled all over my bed (oops).... but it was delicious! Mostly, the strawberry chocolate wasn't the horrible sickeningly sweet stuff. It was pleasant and milky! Strawberries, chocolate and ice cream? How could this NOT be my favorite!!


Pretz
An almost distant relative of Pokey, Pretz is also under the Glico company and just like it's lovely, sweet cousin, Pretz is a stick shaped snack. The box is also very reminiscent of pokey except in place of something delicious and sweet there was a picture of butter. Imagine, butter flavored pokey! It was quite a scary thought. But instead it tastes a lot like pretzels. Salty and a bit buttery, and really dry!! I'm really not a fan of dry food, or salty food that much. I would say they have a nice taste than pretzels but they can't compare to Pokey really, can they!




Oh! But that's not all! I had a packet of Wasabi Peas, but I've had them before, they're too spicy and don't even taste nice so I gave them to my friend. There was also pockey and hi-chew in the box! But do those really need a review? You MUST know about pokey because every one does. Then hi-chew, you may not of heard of, but it's basically just chewitts or any other chewey sweet. Finally there was a pack of cola bubblegum, it's really nice, much better than hubba bubba! There was three gumballs and having read the english label on the pack one of them is actually a super sour sweet in disguise! Which is really novel in my opinion! The super sour one was actually what I had first before I read the pack and I can honestly tell you, it was super sour!! So anyway, I hope you didn't find this post this post TOO long and boring! I'll be back next week with a normal review so don't be disheartened if you didn't like any of today's post!

Pie:
(Tricked you, didn't I? No, pie today I'm afraid!)


1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favourite of all your reviews ever!!!!!

    :) :D :) \o/ o/\o

    ReplyDelete