12 February 2012

U-Kiss - Neverland

U-Kiss are a seven member boy group formed by NH media. They their second shiny CD, Neverland, and I manged to get my dad to buy it for me... I mean for my friend! It comes in a really nice and shiny hard-back book, filled with pictures and 'thank you's. There's some cool picture from back stage the music video too! In general the book is very nice because: one, shiny books are cool; and two U-Kiss are exceptionally good looking!
When the CD starts playing it has a track of pure manliness! Dramatic drums mixed with song lines kind of  manliness. This then moves on to the title track which I have been addicted to since I heard it. Neverland is such an amazing piece of music I get stuck on the replay button! The music video is top class, the snow and the dramatic close-ups, and don't even get me started on U-Kiss' amazing dance skills!! The song is so powerful and with such an epic beat it'll get stuck in your head for eternity! It also makes good use of their vocals, really low part and very high parts and some awesome harmonies. The build-up at the end fits together so well, it's genuinely amazing!!

Actually , quite a few of the tracks have the strong electrobeat in them, it's almost like their own genre. So, Baby Don't Cry, On the Floor and Top That are almost as awesome as Neverland. Although I think Baby Don't Cry is more catchy and Top That is a lot more unique.
However, even U-Kiss, (despite all they're manliness) can do ballads. The main ballad track is Someday, which is apparently supposed to be U-Kiss' message to their fans, which just makes it really cute! It's mostly just a simple piano back track with a beat so every thing is in their voices. And it is so good! I am actually quite particular with ballads because they can sound really dead, but someday is the complete opposite, it's like a resurrection song. The other ballad track is less exciting... It's called Love of a Friend, so I assume it's a love song and really I don't think U-Kiss know enough about love to be singing about it because it all sounds rather plain! I think this is one of the only tracks I'll fall asleep to.
What I love most about this album is that every member has their own duet song which is really nice as some times two members in U-Kiss take all the spotlight (Kevin and Soohyun) and especially as this albumj introduces two new members. The first duet is by the two lead singers, Hoon and Kevin, which is great because one's a fan favourite and one's a new member. Unsurprisingly enough, the two done a ballad track, a very quiet ballad track, a fairly repetitve sounding ballad track, but as far as their singing is concerned it's amazing! They both have really nice voices! On a complete opposite Tell Me Y features two rappers, Eli and Dongho, and feels quite gangsta. Although they do sing at the chorus, it's mostly rapping, and I do quite like it although I think it should of been turned into a proper song with all the members!
Obsession was a very interesting duet, by AJ the new rapper and Kiseop who doesn't sing much because he's the dancer. The thing I found most interesting it that AJ wrote the lyrics to the song! AJ does write most his raps but this is the only track where a member of U-kiss wrote the actual lyrics so I really don't want to point out how horrible the English is.... The song is really nice sounds like a dance track a trance track and a ballad all mixed together, it's really funky could do with being smoother, but Kiseop sings, so it's an amazing track. The last duet has to feature some one who's not in U-Kiss because of the odd numbers so some girl from their label sung with Soohyun. It's a cute song. But nothing special, the backing track is rather dull and their drastically lacking dynamics... so it's quite boring really.
Last of all we have We'll Meet Again featuring some guy called PARAN..... It's the most annoying track EVER. It lasts for three minutes but the track is six minutes. They spend three minutes randomly talking and laughing.... But that's not so bad, it'd probably be cool if you understood them, what I find annoying is the fact that they play the intro of the song like five MILLION times before they actually start! So I never remember how the song actually sounds it just sounds like annoyance to me! It's a stupid idea of theirs.
So yeah, a very good CD with mostly good songs! They are a very good group, but I think their lives are better than their CD.





Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment