9 September 2012

Itazura na Kiss

I may be a tad obsessed with this because I'm now reviewing the anime that goes with the dramas Playful Kiss and It started with a kiss. I wasn't going to review it originally, but a friend of mine who doesn't usually watch anime told me it was really good, so I couldn't resist!! But now I have to right up the plot of this show for a third time.....
Kotoko-chan is in F class, the bottom of the school and she fancies the greatest guy in school: Irie-kun, best looking and smartest in the school. He is not, however, the kindest as we find out when he coldly rejects Kotoko-chan's without even a second glance. To make things worse, she goes to her newly built house only for it to collapse in an earth quake. Now Kotoko-chan is homeless and heartbroken, but her father does find them somewhere to stay, at the house of an old friend. Upon arriving Kotoko-chan is shocked to see Irie-kun living there. With Irie-kun's mother's support Kotoko-chan decides to go full out to try win the heart  of Irie-kun. Although the start is horribly cheesy it becomes a very cute tale of romance. The things that happen and the feelings that are shown, don't seem particularly unusual so it feels like you can relate to what's happening!

Now, this story would not work without the characters being as contrasted as they are. I already said that Kotoko-chan is stupid and Irie-kun is smart, but their whole personalities are opposite! Kotoko-chan tries hard at everything, then fails. Irie-kun doesn't have to lift a finger to be his very best. I think it's that difference that makes the too so compatible! Irie-kun is always cold and emtionless, but Kotoko-chan is bubbly and emtional, just watching these two do things in there different ways is not only entertaining but makes a good plot! There's also Irie-kun's mother, who is completely mad!! I love her and her mad plans to get Kotoko and Irie together!
The art is probably the biggest let down though. It looks very amateur. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I really don't like it! Maybe it's Kotoko-chan's eyes which are too far apart or maybe it's Kotoko-chan's fat friend who doesn't even resemble a human! Or maybe it's just because they didn't make any of the guys attractive. Either way, I don't like it.
So, although it can't compare to the magic of It started with a kiss... it is very sweet! It really shows how cute Kotoko-chan is. It's very funny but also romantic, so it's just the thing I like! But I REALLY dislike the art, points are being docked there.










Pie:


1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHH SHE LOOKS SCARY! her eyes are too far apart and her mouth is too high!!! no wonder he rejected her!

    ReplyDelete