16 September 2012

Secret Garden

Guys! I really need some more recommendations!! Leave them in the comments below!
Another drama based around a rich man and a poor woman. Just like 90% of the drama's I have watched, but really, it can't get old can it!! Gil Ra Im is a stunt woman and proud of it, even if it doesn't give her much money, Kim Joo Won is a multi-millionaire CEO who looks down on every one. But when he mistakes the stunt double with the actual actress he is shocked by his profound interest in her. Thus starts they're strange kind of relationship which can never work out because of they're difference in lifestyles. Kim Joo Won's feelings become even more prominent when Gil Ra Im becomes acquainted with her ultimate idol Oska. Jealousy runs wild and suddenly Gil Ra Im is involved in some pretty complicated love affairs. Things only get more confusing when series of events lead to Kim Joo Won and Gil Ra Im swapping bodies. Rich man, poor woman, I've seen before. As have I seen all the misunderstanding that occur in such situation. I've even watched gender-bender dramas! But NEVER have I seen a body-swap! I can't decide if that novelty is entertaining or just silly.... but it is certainly unique.

I must admit, if it weren't for the actors the body swap would just be silly! But it's quite impressive how the actors suddenly swap like that! They successfully picked up each others tendencies so it's really like they've swapped bodies! In general, Secret Garden is a lot less cheesy (unless you count a body swap as cheesy) than other dramas, it certainly has less exaggerated comedy (except the body swap), so the acting standard is a lot higher than most dramas!
But even with a body swap, the characters still act in they're drama-typical way, the completely ignorant man and the very defensive woman. True in this drama the female is a lot more violent and rude, but she is a stunt woman after all! Although that all changes when she's around Oska as she turns into a gushy teenager, just like a fangirl should be really! I think the best bit about Kim Joo Won is that we see him physically hurting in love, but he hides it from every one else. It's so cute! So altough Gil Ra Im just see his arrogant insensitive side, we see him secretly going crazy about her! I also love the way the portray Oska, origanlly he's just a two-faced idol who is aggressive and arrogant to people working with him but sickeningly sharming and flirtasious with his fans. But we later see that he carries  his own scars and he even admits that he has no confidence and thinks he's no good! I think he's a brilliant character!!
So, now I have a problem, do I add or subtract points for the body swap? They've got points for a violent/fangirl female lead and a male lead that literally goes crazy in love. I'm also adding some points for nice portrayal of an idol. I'm neither adding or subtracting points for the rest of the plot, because as much as I love the rich man/poor woman scenario, I have seen it a number of times now. So I wonder what you think of a body swap in a drama?







Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment