28 August 2011

Kingyo Used Books





Wow, I had this review done ages ago, just for some reason it hadn't posted! Oh well. You can read it now.

Based around a run-down second-hand manga store this book is surprisingly inspirational.
It's full of tales about why people read manga. It sounds pretty ridiculous, but it is extremely enjoyable. The employers are all pretty eccentric and the customers entirely believable!

The art style is very practical (it fits the genre of the book) but I much prefer shojo art so it's not very visually pleasing. Although some of the detail in the backgrounds is amazing!
In all it's a very good manga, but I think it's for fairly particular tastes. The chapters don't really link as such, there are various story arcs spanning over approximately 2 chapters. Personally, I prefer story's that develop more plot as the volumes go along, so this is not my preferred style. None of the characters are particularly interesting either. But the story's can really hit the spot; it really makes you want to get out there! This book definitely has something, I just can't put my finger on what.





Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment