23 September 2012

K-ON (movie)

The K-ON movie is a direct sequel to the second season of K-ON!!, so before you do ANYTHING watch all of K-ON! and K-ON!! because it's such an amazing anime. I wasn't writing reviews when I watched it, but if I was it would've got 5 pies. So go watch it. Now.
OK, so you've watched it? ALL of it? Good. Now on with the review:
So, the movie is all about the graduation of Mio, Mugi, Yui and Ricchan who are all members of the light music club. The light music club (who's only other member is Azusa from the year below) is actually a band called Hokago Teatime (after school teatime)! But with all the club members leaving Azusa behind they decide they need to prepare something special for her. However, despite they're best efforts, they get distracted and organise a graduation trip instead! The destination (chosen by their pet turtle): LONDON! And if I'm honest with you, I think my favourite part of this film is the fact that they visited my country in sites I've seen myself! So, watch this film to see what fun the girl's can get up to in good ol' England, sort out Asuza's secret present and play a few gigs in between. Nothing serious, no plot twists or highly strung emotions. Just some girls enjoying their final days at high school.

Since you've all already watched the anime I don't need to talk about the characters, right? Ah, well, I'll do it any one. Mostly because they are so awesome!!! Yui is the biggest ditz on the planet, it's hard to believe she got into collage and because of this, she says some of the most hilarious things!! But she does rock it on guitar and vocals, even if she's not smart enough to learn chords. Then Ricchan who is smarter only than Yui. With her spontaneous decisions and the fact that she leads the group is what landed them all in London in the first place. Her with Yui is the perfect dumb and dumber team; the two make me feel very smart! But every one's favourite is Mio, she's has a massive fan-base (both in the anime and in real life) for her extreme tsundere qualities and good looks. She really is too cute in many ways and I just love how she always ends up in embarrassing situations! Mugi, known mostly for her curious eyebrows is in some ways the strangest as she seems like a civilised character from a rich family, but when she gets together with Yui and Ricchan she joins in with the randomness just fine. And Asuza, well isn't she just adorable! Trying to keep the group in line despite Yui's best efforts to distract her! Altogether they are just such a bundle of fun.
I love the art, especially in London. They must have done some pretty intense research as the scenes were drawn really accurately. Like in Camden: I recognised the shops they were stood outside of! Oh, and ofcourse they all looked super cute!! I also like how they will simplify Yui's face just to show how much of a space gadet she is!
So now that you've watched the anime, go watch the movie! It's just as awesome and fun! It's just super chill and hilariously entertaining! Especially as a Britain, I paid no heed to the Queen's birthday (or whatever it was we last celebrated), but this, THIS makes me proud of my country. It was also a laugh for all the Engrish from the girls and the British accents. Yes, the British accents were most definitely British, nothing wrong with that, but it sounds nothing like any one over in Suffolk!! So that's quite entertaining. But really, the thing I hated most about it, was that it ended!! The heart wrenching moment when Asuza was split from the rest of the group, I just couldn't stand it!! But you just HAVE to watch it! Because it's so special and amazing and I love it.






Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment